Often though, inspiration for exciting yet nutritional lunches is hard to find.
The 5+ A Day Charitable Trust has put together some handy ideas to beat the back to school blues for when you’re stuck with ideas for what to pack for the week!
Easy ways to pack 5+ A Day into work or school - 5+ A Day lunchbox ideas
- Cherry tomatoes
- Baby carrots and chopped cucumber with hummus
- Sliced capsicum
- Celery with low fat cream cheese or peanut butter
- Banana and apple cut up in yoghurt
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Pineapple chunks
- Whole fruit – pears, apples, summerfruit
Fillings for sandwiches, wraps, pita pockets
- Avocado, grated carrot and marmite
- Banana and peanut butter
- Cucumber, mint and low-fat cream cheese
- Lettuce and mashed hard-boiled egg
- Coleslaw and cheese
Try these for something different
- Homemade pizza slice with mushroom, capsicum, onion and spinach
- Potato frittata with cheese, tomato, corn, grated courgette and onion
- Sushi with avocado and cream cheese
Recipes courtesy of 5+ A Day. Search @5adaynz on social media and like them for fresh inspiration & recipes.