These Baked Persimmons with Honey and Vanilla Bean from the 5+ A Day Charitable Trust is perfect for those chilly nights when you just need something sweet to warm your bones, without the guilt!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place cut persimmons in a large ceramic or glass baking dish, cut-side facing upwards.
3. Add honey and vanilla paste to 1 cup of boiling water, stir until combined and pour this syrup over persimmons.
4. Cover dish tightly with tin foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until persimmons are soft.
5. Remove foil, spoon thickened syrup onto each persimmon and grill for 10 minutes or until persimmons are brown on top.
6. Serve while warm with a dollop of yoghurt and a light drizzle of the vanilla and honey syrup.