A good source of vitamin C which supports mental wellbeing and fights fatigue, these natural balls of deliciousness are refreshing when added to beverages, go great in a winter salad and can be added to desserts.
Nearing the end of winter, August is the perfect time to start adding to your recipe bucket list for summer – and this Roasted Orange Chicken with Fennel from 5+ A Day Charitable Trust is the perfect addition to spice up the humble Sunday roast!
1. Mix wine, a splash of olive oil, orange and lemon juice, mustard, brown sugar and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pat chicken dry and add to bowl with fennel wedges, orange slices and fennel seeds. Mix with hands to coat well and cover. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours (we left overnight).
3. Preheat oven to 180°C.
4. Spread chicken, fennel and orange slices evenly in a big roasting dish and pour the marinade over. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes. Chicken will be cooked through and browned on top.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and cover with tinfoil.
6. Pour juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil until thickened.
7. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve with vegetables or salad.